IntroductionThe Computer Engineering (CEN) study program was established in September 1987 under the Faculty of Computer Studies and since 2011 are under Faculty of Engineering Binus University. The CEN Program is accredited Grade “A” by the National Board of Higher Education (BAN-PT) in 2013 and also accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org in 2015. It has various alumni who have gone on to take part in various domains of the business industry. The CEN Program was founded to meet the demand of knowledge about computer systems encompassing computer hardware, software and computer networks. Well established and world famous organizations, i.e. the Institute of Electrical & Electronic Engineers (IEEE) and the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), use the following definition: “Computer Engineering embodies the science and the technology of design, construction, implementation and maintenance of the hardware and the software components of modern computing systems and computer-controlled equipment,” and its graduates said: “Computer Engineers are solidly grounded in the theories and principles of computing, mathematics and engineering, and apply these theoretical principles to design hardware, software, networks, and computerized equipment and instruments to solve problems in diverse application domains.” Hence, graduates of the CEN Program will enjoy knowledge of computer software as well as computer hardware. This will allow graduates to contribute to any kind of application wherever computers are used. The development of Information Technology and the need for experienced computer systems professionals is behind the innovative CEN Program. Currently the Program covers expertise in understanding to build completed computer system solution that consist of hardware and software, ranging from communication system, embedded systems, robotics and industrial automation in business enterprises. Catalog 2013 (PDF), Catalog 2014 (PDF), Catalog 2015 (PDF), Catalog 2016 (PDF)
VisionA study program of choice in Computer Engineering, which focuses on Intelligence, Mobility, and Secure Communication technologies, is recognized internationally, champions innovation and produces graduates with international qualification.
MissionThe mission of Computer Engineering Department is to contribute to the global community through the provision of world-class education by :
- Educating students with the knowledge and skills in science and technology in the design, analysis and application of intelligent, mobile, and secure connectivity technologies. We prepare graduates to be ethical professionals and technopreuners, as well as to continue for advanced degrees in computer engineering or related disciplined in global community.
- Providing a vibrant learning and research environment that nurtures the most creative, value-added and leadership talents of our graduates for the global community.
- Improving quality of life by conducting professional services and high impact applied research in Computer Engineering related disciplines.
Program ObjectivesThe objectives of the program are:
- Excel in methodological and computational skills within their professional and communities.
- Employ effective team player and professional responsibilities to benefit the organizations and society.
- Sustainably updating their knowledge to meet evolving global requirements.
Student OutcomesAfter completing the study, graduates are:
- An ability to apply knowledge of math, science, and engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety,manufacturability, and sustainability.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve computer engineering problems.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern computer engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of computer engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- A knowledge of contemporary issues.
Prospective Career of the Graduates
- Engineering Specialist
- System Design Engineer
- Computer System Engineer
- Integrated Circuit Engineer
- Embedded System Developer
- Soft Embedded Programmer
- Network Administrator
- Network Designer
- Computer Network Security Professional
- Engineering Manager
- Quality Control Engineer,
- Marketing Engineer
- Industrial Control System Engineer
Course Structure for Binusian 2020
|Track||Semester 6||Semester 7|
Prerequisites for Binusian 2020The Table of Prerequisite for Computer Engineering (S1)
|MATH6007||Engineering Mathematics II||4||3||MATH6093||Calculus||4||1|
|CPEN6034||Computer Organization and Architecture||4||4||COMP6154||Algorithm and Programming Fundamentals||4||2|
|CPEN6084||Microcontroller Design and Application||5/1||5||CPEN6123||Circuits and Signals||4/1||3|
Quality Controlled Courses for Binusian 2020Student should pass all of these quality controlled courses as listed below:
|No.||Code||Course Name||Minimum Grade|
|1||CHAR6013||Character Building: Pancasila||B|
|4||COMP6154||Algorithm and Programming Fundamentals*||C|
|5||CPEN6123||Circuits and Signals*||C|
|6||CPEN6084||Microcontroller Design and Application||C|
|Stream: Intelligent Embedded Systems|
|8||CPEN6126||Cross Platform Application Development||C|
|Stream: Communication System|
|7||CPEN6127||Network Infrastructure Technology||C|
|8||CPEN6128||Mobile Communications and Cyber Security||C|
Last updated :